Monday, August 29, 2011

Lovely summer weekend

What a nice weekend, spent one day at a friends' house swimming in her pool. It was a gorgeous day, not a cloud in the super blue skies, and 90 degrees outside. These are the summer days I love to remember.

No, the pool is not dirty, it just needs to be painted.

The rest of the weekend I spent working on the wrap I'm crocheting (which is taking forever), started making a pendant using magazine paper, cooking, and baking bread using my new Breadman 2700. I liked making bread with my Kitchen Aid mixer, but I LOVE making bread with my bread machine!
This thing is awesome! I was able to make a 2 lb loaf of bread (equivalent to 2 loaves) yesterday, while at the same time cooking an entire turkey dinner complete with apple stuffing (using homemade bread), garlic-smashed potatoes, roasted acorn squash & turkey gravy.

I have learned the trick of pausing it just before the 3rd rise to remove the paddle and shape and score the loaf, which makes it nice and pretty when it's all done. Excuse the crappy picture, I just could not get away from the light glaring through my kitchen windows, and my phone camera sucks.

All in all, a very nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment