Wednesday, August 24, 2011

10 Things I Love

I love to browse Dianne Sylvan's blog from time to time. She's funny, deep, and real, and I just love that. I also love her posts on things she loves, so I'm taking a page out of her book, so to speak.

1. My house
From the moment I walked into it when I was looking to buy, I knew it was mine. There's just something about it. It's not perfect, there are a million things I could do to it, the least of which is a new kitchen, but it's all mine, and I love it.

2. Coffee
Black coffee. Keep the milk, sugar and syrups out of it. Just good black coffee, preferably fair trade and roasted locally. I like 4 Seasons Coffee (to make at home/work), a local coffee house which also happens to reside in my mother-in-law's building downtown.

3. My birthday quilt
This heirloom piece was handmade especially for me last year by my best friend Esther, and it is beautiful.

4. My T-Mobile MyTouch 3G phone
It was a Christmas gift from my lovey a few years ago. This has been a fantastic phone I use for much more than just a phone. It's never far from my side.

5. My 2001 New Beetle TDI, Bella Bug
I named her before Twilight ever existed, so there. I've had her since 2002. She's very comfy to drive, has heated seats, and gets 43 mpg highway. Fantastic car!

6. Autumn
The crispness in the air, the back to school feeling, the sweaters and hats and warmer clothes. Leaves turning red and gold, picking pumpkins, Halloween, and cozy days by the fire (which in my case is a candelabra in the fireplace because I need to have my chimney repaired). I love switching from light summer meals to warm comfort foods like clam chowder and pumpkin soup, or toasted cheese sandwiches and homemade tomato soup.

7. Making soup
Could you tell? I love thick, yummy soups. They're so easy, and usually cheap, to make.

8. IJournal app by Catch.com
What I love the most about this app is the #gratitude tag. It's good to be thankful for our blessings, and to get into the daily habit of giving thanks. It also integrates well with the Catch Notes app, which I love for taking picture notes, etc. The apps can be accessed both on your phone or via internet.

9. My great-great-grandmother Laura's wedding ring
Blue topaz surrounded by seed pearls in a white gold setting. My paternal grandmother gave this heirloom to me when I was 13. It was her mother's mother's ring, which makes it very, very special to me.

10. Gyros from The West Wing
I love Mediterranean food, and I especially love gyros, but The White House is the only restaurant around here that makes them well, and it is unfortunately located about 30 miles away. But this summer they opened another location just a few miles from my house! More gyros for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment