Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Drama, drama, drama

The last few weeks have been focused more on real life drama than creating, unfortunately. I received the news of my son's impending fatherhood, which would be great if he and his girlfriend were 25 rather than 17, if they were finished with both high school and college, and if at least one of them had a self-supporting job - issues which are just the tip of the iceberg of hardships these two are facing. They were just plain irresponsible, and have not a clue about what they are truly facing. My son is insistent upon attending the school of hard knocks, no matter how hard we try to convince him of the alternatives.

Goddess, grant me the ability to give the best possible guidance, and the wisdom to get involved when I need to get involved and to stand back when I need to stand back.

Other than that, I've mostly just been working on a crochet project. I'm pretty new to crochet, and have never followed a pattern ... so getting to the 8th row and having to rip out the whole thing back to the 2nd row because I did the 3rd row wrong was a learning experience. I've had to put it down for a few days due to a dog bite ... from a dog who has had no socialization or training. This is not the fault of the dog, it's the fault of the owners. Unfortunately, down the road the dog will probably bite someone else, and then the dog will end up paying the ultimate price for his owners' irresponsibility. It's sickening. The bite was just shy of needing a stitch, but thanks to the wonderful antisceptic and antibiotic healing powers of honey, it's healing up quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment