Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Art Journal

I was inspired by reading The Whimsical Cottage blog to create an art journal. What a neat idea! I've always journaled, but never regularly (it's a lazy thing). I just have to be in the mood to journal, and this blog is my attempt to do that, while at the same time trying to motivate myself to create. An art journal seemed an easy way to not only sit down and play without having to expend a lot of effort, but something I could use as a therapeutic outlet as well.

I found a nicely sized hard-cover book in one of my bookcases that I knew I was never going to read (it's a diet book, who really wants to read those?), and got to work on it last night. I really didn't want it to be recognizable as The Beck Diet Solution, so I glued paper bag to the cover and had fun decorating it. Creating my first entry was definitely therapeutic.

I read something about coming up with a theme, but really just wanted to record meaningful events over the coming year, the year I am 37. My goal is to completely fill it by my next birthday. It should be interesting to look back through the year at what I record.

I'm so thankful to Danielle over at The Whimsical Cottage for the idea!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I could inspire you to go ahead and give this a try! I'm one of those people that doesn't use a theme in my journal, preferring a random non-stressful approach. I love what you've done so far, and I think you picked the perfect book. ;)

    Thanks for coming over to comment on my blog. We still have Chico with us. He was doing really well for a while, but is back to peeing on the floor for no apparent reason. After speaking to several veterinarians and the local humane society, it's pretty much a given that with his pee issues he'd be nearly impossible to re-home and could very likely end up being euthanized. So, I'll be keeping him and scrubbing the carpets and trying any crazy thing I can think up to try to correct the issue.

    ReplyDelete