Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting back into the swing ... finding the magick

It's been just about a month since I re-joined the gym, and it's going well. I've made it there no less than three times a week, with the exception of one week where I was having a lower back issue (slept wrong or something).

This week that 5:30 am alarm hasn't been the most welcome sound in the world. Monday I rolled over and gave into my laziness with a "Hell no, not today." Tuesday I hit the snooze a couple of times, got up and ready to go, then looked at the clock and realized I didn't have enough time, so I went back to bed for a half hour.

But Wednesday I dragged my ass out of bed. My goal has been three days a week. I can hit all the muscle groups in three days, and eventually will get to four days and switch a few things, like calves and abs, to day four. I seriously thought about staying in bed, but if I want to get in three days a week and not have to go on the weekends, I had to get up and go that morning. Leave it to me to procrastinate.

What I've discovered over the last month is that getting back into the gym goes hand in had with finding my motivation to do other things, like create! And creating makes me feel magickal. Not only that, but I'm strangely more motivated to make better food choices. Not sure why that is, but I'll take it!

2 comments:

  1. I did it! I got in the gym last night AND I got up and jogged 2 miles this morning! We can do this girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed Be Goddess!

    And I've only been to the gym once this week ... but I'm not gonna sweat it. We've had a house guest and things going on, so I'll get back on track next week :)

    ReplyDelete