Monday, June 18, 2012

10 Things I love, Monday edition

Starting the week off with 10 Things I Love:
1. Amazon. I really try to purchase things locally, but when it's something that can only be purchased at a giant corporate owned store, I'll save money, time and gas buying it online. I also love the availability to buy used merchandise here as well.

2. Mondays alone in the office. Some people don't understand this, but I love being able to work alone, no boss or co-workers. Mondays I am generally alone in the office, and it's great.

3. Thunderstorms. Because they are AWESOME.

4. Prairie skirts. Casual enough for home, dressy enough for work (in a business casual environment).

5. Baby smell ... my grandbaby girl smells so good!

6. BeeCount app on Android. I use this for nearly all my knitting projects. It's especially handy when working from a chart and when several repeats of the chart are required. It keeps track of rows, and the rows can be set to automatically increment the chart repeats when a specific number of rows are completed.

7. Ravelry. The best place ever to store and find knitting and/or crochet projects. People post their projects, project pictures, as well as notes on level of difficulty, yarns used, any corrections they may have made in the pattern, etc. I have found all my knitting projects by utilizing this site.

8. Fark. It's my go-to place for a giggle. People send in links to news articles, but make up their own headlines. Farkers are hilarious, and I love the comments on the Politics tab. Some are pretty insightful.

9. The versatility of spinach. It can be put in eggs, soups, casseroles, tacos, sandwiches, salads, smoothies, etc., etc. I love putting it in smoothies for an added serving of veggies. My smoothie recipe:

In a blender, add the following in order given, cover, puree until smooth:
3/4 Cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 Cup 2% Greek yogurt
1 Cup frozen blueberries or mixed berries
1-2 big handfuls of spinach
Honey to taste (I personally don't think it needs sweetening, but add some if you need to!)

10. Apartment Therapy. They update a LOT, but I just love it for ideas and inspiration on all things decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment