Thursday, June 14, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude

Had a few boomers yesterday, but Thor is underperforming. I imagine I would feel differently if I lived in the South or the Mid-West, but I don't, so Thor, I am disappointed in you.

Something I have been doing on Facebook is a list of 5 things I am thankful for each day. It's really sort of my way of actively pursuing "The Secret", and taking to heart Neale Donald Walsch's teachings in Conversations with God. My goal is to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. I think attitude is one of our biggest magickal tools, it affects our motivation, our intent, our ability to give and receive, everything. If we are constantly complaining about our lives, focusing on what is missing, well ... that's all we'll ever see. But if we focus on all that we do have, and are aware of and thankful for all of the blessings already present in our lives, then we'll be much more aware of new blessings as we receive them. Even those blessings in disguise, you know what I'm talking about ... those things that seem awful at first that turn out to be the best thing ever. Like when your teenage son says "Mom, my girlfriend is pregnant," and you think, "Oh shit." But then they both stop being teenage boneheads, they get their butts in gear, and they grow up and take responsibility. It's pretty cool stuff (and their baby girl is AMAZING!). It's also a form of passive magick, or as I like to call it, Magick, Laxy Lazy style.

A few friends have followed my lead and are posting their own lists, which I think are really fun to read. I like to think I started something beneficial. So here's my list for today:

5 Things I am thankful for today:
1. I'm hostessing an unofficial Stitch & Bitch tonight, and I get to see my friend Denise, whom I haven't spent any time with in forever. Looking forward to seeing her and meeting the other ladies in her knitting/crocheting circle.
2. Today is my Friday. I love working 4 tens and always having 3 day weekends.
3. My sister is feeling better.
4. Rick and I get to visit our grandbaby girl, our sweet little Pinky Marie (her nickname, because that delicate little pinky is always out. It's the cutest thing!), on Saturday at my son's and her mom's graduation party.
5. My co-worker is going to lunch at Bangkok Thai, and she's bringing me Tom Kha Kai (Chicken Coconut Soup) and Neur Pad Num Mun Hoi (Beef in Oyster Sauce). That Chicken Coconut Soup is freaking YUMMM-OH!

No comments:

Post a Comment